Class C Driver's License and Endorsements Needed for a CDL Class C License
All Candidates for the Class C CDL license must complete the following requirements:
- You must pass a General Knowledge exam. This is required for any type of CDL license.
- You must pass the Pre-trip inspection.
- You must pass the Passenger Transport test (if transporting more than 15 people, including the driver).
- You must pass the HazMat test (if you are transporting hazardous materials).
The federal law mandates that each state issue a CDL to drivers according to certain classifications. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has designated the following classes:
- Class A License - Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Class B License - Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
- Class C License - Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials.
What do I need to get a Class C CDL license?
You must successfully pass the following tests to obtain your Class C CDL license:
- General Knowledge Test more info
- Pre-Trip Inspection more info
- Passenger Transport more info (if transporting more than 15 people, including the driver)
- HazMat more info (if transporting hazardous materials)
You can study for these exams the old fashion way - spending hours upon hours studying the CDL manual. Or, you can prepare for all of these exams and pass ALL of the CDL tests the First time - guaranteed or we'll refund your money 100%. Our prep courses are the fast and easy way to study for your CDL exam. We have over 3000 test questions in our database, along with test answers and, most importantly, detailed explanations. We provide these questions through several practice tests. Once you pass three tests in a row, you're ready to take your DMV exam for your CDL. It's the easy - and it works!START NOW
See what others are saying!
Due to your great site, I was able to pass my CDL test! I got six wrong out of 50! I have my Class C license in hand. I am going to go for other CDL endorsements. Thanks again for a wonderful CDL test preparation site and for helping me pass my test! C.S., Dallas, TX
Your design is a refreshing, real-world approach to understanding and retaining the information I need to pass the most difficult of the CDL endorsements, such as the Hazmat test. Previously, I used your site to pass my Airbrake test with flying colors and this time around is no exception. A great experience and a product I'd highly recommend. Thanks for the commitment to quality! T.C., Detroit, MI
Thanks! I used your online CDL practice tests for my Class B CDL and passed after studying for just three days. B.S., Fairview, OR
I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with your site. Your online CDL practice test questions are remarkable. To date, I've taken about nine practice exams and they are never quite the same. R.S., Lynchburg, VA
I would like to thank you for your wonderful CDL practice test course. I passed the General Knowledge CDL test beautifully, with no problems. I.R., Gainesville, FL
Great school bus endorsement practice course. I passed the test with a perfect score the first time. Thank you so much. Edward P., Sewedsboro, NC
I cleared the Knowledge test and the driving test this Monday and received the driving license. The online tests offered by you were very useful. P.K., Houston, TX
Just wanted to say thank you; as you promised, I passed my CDL tests including all endorsements on the first try. My examiner said, "Boy, somebody studied! I am very impressed." I took eight tests all at once and passed them all with flying colors! Very well done - thanks again! R.H., Thomaston, GA
Just wanted to say you are true professionals. I passed my written test on the first try. I previously paid money to a competitor who offered a course and test questions which were not helpful at all .I will certaintly recommend you to anyone seeking a CDL license Dale T., Craig, CO