Class B Driver's License and Endorsements Needed for a CDL Class B License
All Candidates for the Class B CDL license must complete the following requirements:
- You must pass a General Knowledge exam. This is required for any type of CDL license.
- You must pass the Air Brakes test.
- You must pass the Pre-trip inspection.
Vehicle weight determines the class of a Commercial Drivers License. There are three class categories: A, B, and c. For the Class B CDL Test, candidates must take the General Knowledge test (which are required for all CDL licenses) plus any additional endorsement tests needed for the Class B CDL License. The CDL candidate must also complete an actual driving test in the vehicle that falls into the Class B weight class.
Federal law requires that all states issue a CDL to drivers according to license classifications. Here are the Class designations from the Federal Government:
- Class A License - Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds. For example, a Fuel Truck, a Cargo Truck (Semi), or Doubles.
- Class B License - Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR. For example, a Fire Truck, a Dump Truck, a Garbage Truck, or a Cement Mixer Truck.
- Class C License - Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials. For example, a School Bus or a Passenger Bus.
What do I need to get a Class B CDL license?
You must successfully pass the following tests to obtain your Class B CDL license:
The CDL Prep Course at Test Questions and Answers is the fastest and easiest way to prepare for the Class B CDL Test. Our courses consists of over 3000 questions like the ones you'll see on the DMV Class B CDL test. The questions are provided in a practice test format - questions, answers, and detailed explanations. Once you pass the practice test 3 times, you're ready to take the official Class B CDL test. You'll pass the first time, or we'll refund your money!START NOW
See what others are saying!
I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with your site. Your online CDL practice test questions are remarkable. To date, I've taken about nine practice exams and they are never quite the same. R.S., Lynchburg, VA
Thanks! I used your online CDL practice tests for my Class B CDL and passed after studying for just three days. B.S., Fairview, OR
Just wanted to say you are true professionals. I passed my written test on the first try. I previously paid money to a competitor who offered a course and test questions which were not helpful at all .I will certaintly recommend you to anyone seeking a CDL license Dale T., Craig, CO
I cleared the Knowledge test and the driving test this Monday and received the driving license. The online tests offered by you were very useful. P.K., Houston, TX
I would like to thank you for your wonderful CDL practice test course. I passed the General Knowledge CDL test beautifully, with no problems. I.R., Gainesville, FL
Great school bus endorsement practice course. I passed the test with a perfect score the first time. Thank you so much. Edward P., Sewedsboro, NC
Due to your great site, I was able to pass my CDL test! I got six wrong out of 50! I have my Class C license in hand. I am going to go for other CDL endorsements. Thanks again for a wonderful CDL test preparation site and for helping me pass my test! C.S., Dallas, TX
Just wanted to say thank you; as you promised, I passed my CDL tests including all endorsements on the first try. My examiner said, "Boy, somebody studied! I am very impressed." I took eight tests all at once and passed them all with flying colors! Very well done - thanks again! R.H., Thomaston, GA
Your design is a refreshing, real-world approach to understanding and retaining the information I need to pass the most difficult of the CDL endorsements, such as the Hazmat test. Previously, I used your site to pass my Airbrake test with flying colors and this time around is no exception. A great experience and a product I'd highly recommend. Thanks for the commitment to quality! T.C., Detroit, MI