Class B Driver's License and Endorsements Needed for a CDL Class B License
All Candidates for the Class B CDL license must complete the following requirements:
- You must pass a General Knowledge exam. This is required for any type of CDL license.
- You must pass the Air Brakes test.
- You must pass the Pre-trip inspection.
Vehicle weight determines the class of a Commercial Drivers License. There are three class categories: A, B, and c. For the Class B CDL Test, candidates must take the General Knowledge test (which are required for all CDL licenses) plus any additional endorsement tests needed for the Class B CDL License. The CDL candidate must also complete an actual driving test in the vehicle that falls into the Class B weight class.
Federal law requires that all states issue a CDL to drivers according to license classifications. Here are the Class designations from the Federal Government:
- Class A License - Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds. For example, a Fuel Truck, a Cargo Truck (Semi), or Doubles.
- Class B License - Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR. For example, a Fire Truck, a Dump Truck, a Garbage Truck, or a Cement Mixer Truck.
- Class C License - Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for hazardous materials. For example, a School Bus or a Passenger Bus.
What do I need to get a Class B CDL license?
You must successfully pass the following tests to obtain your Class B CDL license:
The CDL Prep Course at Test Questions and Answers is the fastest and easiest way to prepare for the Class B CDL Test. Our courses consists of over 3000 questions like the ones you'll see on the DMV Class B CDL test. The questions are provided in a practice test format - questions, answers, and detailed explanations. Once you pass the practice test 3 times, you're ready to take the official Class B CDL test. You'll pass the first time, or we'll refund your money!START NOW
See what others are saying!
Just wanted to say thank you; as you promised, I passed my CDL tests including all endorsements on the first try. My examiner said, "Boy, somebody studied! I am very impressed." I took eight tests all at once and passed them all with flying colors! Very well done - thanks again! R.H., Thomaston, GA
I would like to thank you for your wonderful CDL practice test course. I passed the General Knowledge CDL test beautifully, with no problems. I.R., Gainesville, FL
I just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with your site. Your online CDL practice test questions are remarkable. To date, I've taken about nine practice exams and they are never quite the same. R.S., Lynchburg, VA
Due to your great site, I was able to pass my CDL test! I got six wrong out of 50! I have my Class C license in hand. I am going to go for other CDL endorsements. Thanks again for a wonderful CDL test preparation site and for helping me pass my test! C.S., Dallas, TX
Your design is a refreshing, real-world approach to understanding and retaining the information I need to pass the most difficult of the CDL endorsements, such as the Hazmat test. Previously, I used your site to pass my Airbrake test with flying colors and this time around is no exception. A great experience and a product I'd highly recommend. Thanks for the commitment to quality! T.C., Detroit, MI
Great school bus endorsement practice course. I passed the test with a perfect score the first time. Thank you so much. Edward P., Sewedsboro, NC
I cleared the Knowledge test and the driving test this Monday and received the driving license. The online tests offered by you were very useful. P.K., Houston, TX
Thanks! I used your online CDL practice tests for my Class B CDL and passed after studying for just three days. B.S., Fairview, OR
Just wanted to say you are true professionals. I passed my written test on the first try. I previously paid money to a competitor who offered a course and test questions which were not helpful at all .I will certaintly recommend you to anyone seeking a CDL license Dale T., Craig, CO